1887

Abstract

Summary

Fluid contaminated with fungi was inadvertently administered intravenously to two patients. In both instances the bottle was cracked. However, apparently intact bottles can also show visible signs of growth. Both patients were treated with amphotericin B in a dose of 0·25 mg per kg body weight for 24 hr without toxic effects. There was complete recovery. It is suggested that all bottles used for intravenous therapy should be carefully inspected before use.

Loading

Article metrics loading...

/content/journal/jmm/10.1099/00222615-3-1-99
1970-02-01
2019-10-20
Loading full text...

Full text loading...

http://instance.metastore.ingenta.com/content/journal/jmm/10.1099/00222615-3-1-99
Loading
This is a required field
Please enter a valid email address
Approval was a Success
Invalid data
An Error Occurred
Approval was partially successful, following selected items could not be processed due to error