1887

Abstract

SUMMARY

Twelve hundred and thirty three sera were tested in parallel by the single radial haemolysis (SRH) and by the simplified haemagglutination inhibition (HAI) technique in routine use in this laboratory. In 1203 (97.6%) of these sera the results were in agreement. The remaining 30 (2.4%) sera were re-tested by both methods because on initial testing the results obtained by the two methods did not agree; only three specimens remained discrepant.

The SRH is a simple test to perform and discriminates clearly between positive and negative sera. It is particularly suitable for screening large batches of sera.

Loading

Article metrics loading...

/content/journal/jmm/10.1099/00222615-12-1-131
1979-02-01
2022-11-27
Loading full text...

Full text loading...

/deliver/fulltext/jmm/12/1/medmicro-12-1-131.html?itemId=/content/journal/jmm/10.1099/00222615-12-1-131&mimeType=html&fmt=ahah

References

  1. Clarke M., Boustred J., Seagroatt V., Schild G. C. 1977; The use of single-radial-haemolysis for rubella antibody studies. J. Hyg., Camb 79:355
    [Google Scholar]
  2. Gee B., Jordan B. E., Mortimer P. R. 1978; An assessment of radial haemolysis in the detection of rubella antibody. J. clin. Path 31:35
    [Google Scholar]
  3. Mortimer P. P., Jordan S. M., Smith I. V. 1977; Simplified method for the rubella haemagglutination inhibition screening test. J. clin. Path 30:623
    [Google Scholar]
  4. Schild G. C., Pereira M. S., Chakraverty P. 1975; Single-radial-haemolysis: a new method for the assay of antibody to influenza haemagglutinin. Applications for diagnosis and seroepidemiologic surveillance of influenza. Bull. Wld. Hlth. Org 52:43
    [Google Scholar]
  5. Skaug K., Orstavik I., Ulstrup J. C. 1975; Application of the passive haemolysis test for the determination of rubella virus antibodies. Acta path, microbiol. scand. Section B 83:367
    [Google Scholar]
  6. StrannegArd O., Grillner L., Lindberg I. M. 1975; Hemolysis-in-gel test for the demonstration of antibodies to rubella virus. J. clin. Microbiol 1:491
    [Google Scholar]
http://instance.metastore.ingenta.com/content/journal/jmm/10.1099/00222615-12-1-131
Loading
/content/journal/jmm/10.1099/00222615-12-1-131
Loading

Data & Media loading...

Most cited this month Most Cited RSS feed

This is a required field
Please enter a valid email address
Approval was a Success
Invalid data
An Error Occurred
Approval was partially successful, following selected items could not be processed due to error