Pricing and Ordering Information
The Society's journals operate a tiered pricing model for institutional journal subscriptions. Within the pricing model, institutions are classified into one of five tiers based on various attributes of size and type.
Our Tier Coding Grid provides further information on tiering criteria and site licence definitions.
If you are unsure which tier your institution is categorised as, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Subscription price list
- Order Terms and Conditions
- Print claims
- Online Terms and Conditions of Use
- Purchasing additional print copies
- Purchasing back issue print copies
- Individual subscriptions
Subscription price list
Order terms and conditions
- Orders and payments must be received by 1 December 2016 to ensure processing in time for 1 January 2017.
- Orders will not be processed by the Society until payment has cleared the Society bank account.
- Payments are only accepted in Sterling and US Dollar.
- Please ensure that the correct currency is applied to each order, this is dependent on the end-users address, not the print delivery address.
- Sterling rate is applicable for end-user subscribers in UK, Europe and RoW.
- US Dollar rate is applicable for end-user subscribers in USA, S. America, C. America and Canada.
- Please ensure that the correct tier is applied to each order. Further information on tier criteria is available on the Tier Coding Grid.
- Full end-user details including librarian contact name, job title, email address, telephone number and full institutional address must be included on all orders.
- The Society's institutional reference number must be included on all renewal orders.
Subscription Payment DetailsPaying by cheque
Cheques should be made payable to 'Microbiology Society' and sent to the following address:
- Microbiology Society
Charles Darwin House
12 Roger Street
London WC1N 2JU
Sterling cheques must be drawn on a UK bank.
US cheques must be drawn on a US bank.
Credit cards (Mastercard and Visa only) are accepted on request.
A 2.5% credit card charge will be added to the transaction.
Paying by Bank Transfer
Bank transfers are accepted on request.
Please contact email@example.com for further details.
- For print orders received after 1st December, please note that back issues will be sent with the next issues to be published after the payment has been received and processed
- Print claims for non-receipt must be made within 3 months of publication. Claims received after this period will not be administered
- Where an incorrect delivery address has been provided, claims will not be fulfilled and issues must be repurchased
- Should the Society receive more than 3 requests within a subscription year, we reserve the right to refuse to administer any further claims
Online Terms and Conditions of Use
Tier 1 - 4 subscribers are not required to sign a licence agreement for online access to the Microbiology Society's publishing platform however the Online Terms and Conditions of Use apply.
Tier 5 subscribers are required to sign a licence agreement which will be provided with the quotation.
Cancellations are only accepted at the discretion of the Microbiology Society.
Any refunds will be given at the discretion of the Microbiology Society.
Purchasing additional print copies
Additional print copies can be purchased by subscribing institutions to add a subsequent print copy to current print and online subscriptions; please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.
Purchasing back issue print copies
Back issues of print journals are available for purchase; please contact email@example.com for further details.
The Microbiology Society does not offer individual online subscriptions.
Society members can purchase a discounted print subscription to our journals. Further information can be found on the Society's website.